Wednesday, August 16, 2006
The men in my life...
**Posted Thursday, August 17th, but I am too stunned to figure out how to change the date to have it correctly reflect that. Durrr!!!**

Universal Studios

There are the three main ones, as most of you know. The Leester, the Wee, and The Divot. Yes, my dog. What? He is male! Most times, they make me crazy, even though I love them. Here, you will better understand why.

Example A: One has to wonder what kind of day it is going to turn out to be, when upon getting up to tinkle at 3:15 in the morning, one feels a disgusting squishing sensation under one's heel. One of the men in my life (I'll let you figure out which) decided to take a middle of the night crap on my bedroom floor. I'm usually pretty good about finding the positive in any given situation, but this one was a bit of a stretch. Hmmmn...let me see. I guess the fact that it was my heel and not right between my toes? Yeah, right. Let me just admit it. I wanted to kill the little bugger at that moment and probably would have, except my foot was covered in crap so I was forced to hop over and wash it first. And I still had to pee. And it was 3:15 in the morning. So...he is alive, so far.

Example B: The Wee, who upon asking me perfectly straightfaced about the phases of the moon, how one knows what phase the moon is in etc. informed me that his cell phone has a program that tells him which phase the moon is in and proceeded to send me a picture via text messaging. Of a full mooon. Not the one in the sky, but HIS full moon. My beloved, innocent boy child. Welcome, teenager. Who are you, and what have you done with my baby?

Example C: The Leester, on one of many trips to Universal Studios (We are pass holders, in case you hadn't figured that out, by all the references to said amusement park) leans into The Wee as we wander through Suess Landing one Sunday afternoon and says: "Hey Wee, I'll give ya five bucks if you run up and drop kick The Grinch and yell at him for stealing Christmas."

Example D: The Wee's willingness to attempt aforementioned task.

Honestly though, they all keep me in stitches. the Leester seriously cracks me up, on a daily basis. He is one of the funniest guys I know and I am constantly reminded of how much The Wee is turning out to be his father's son by the similarities in their mannerisms, attitudes and abilities. Being a Father is so much more than DNA and I am truly blessed that The Leester chose my son as his own. Even when the pair of them make me question my own sanity.

I probably dont tell him that, nearly enough.

I pick up the Mom and the Sister at the Amtrak station this morning and they are here for a week or so. So, although I anticipate posting as often as possible, it may not be daily. Please come back and see me soon though!

Also, if any of you lurkers out there would like to comment and introduce yourselves, I'd be happy to know you! :)


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god that thing about the ginich was too funny and I could totally see Leester saying that. That was a good laugh for me !!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...because you have no influence on such insanity whatsoever. Pfft! Naming you as the source hun.

Post a Comment

<< Home