Thursday, September 13, 2007
You Have Three Wishes...
You know the scenario..

You happen upon a magical lantern and after rubbing some imagined smudge off of it, a genie appears and is ready to grant you three wishes.

Today, I give you two of my husbands wishes, magically granted. Or maybe even all three.

Imagine, if you will, the singing of angelic choirs in heaven as the clouds part and upon a shining beam descends this, his first wish:

Bud Light

Guaranteed only to be understood by my Canadian readers, eh.

His second wish:

To: "The Hubs"
From: IASCA Worldwide, Inc.
Re: 2007 IASCA Finals Invitation

Dear "The Hubs";

Congratulations! You have qualified to compete at, and you are invited to participate in, the 2007 IASCA World Finals to be held in conjunction with the NOPI Nationals in Atlanta, Georgia!

The IASCA Finals will take place on September 15th & 16th, 2007 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Georgia. You can check in to the event starting Friday, September 14 th at 5:00 pm.

Yada, yada, yada, technical details and other random shit, blah blah blah.

His Third Wish:

Me: Hon, I think you should plan to make the trip solo--you never get away on your own and I think you should just go and have a great time.

Him: SOLD!

----------------

I even promised him I wouldn't ever bitch about the noise at a show, ever again. I made this promise in conjunction with my solemnly swearing that I would never again attend one, as this past weekend we attended the State finals; where he took first place--the big gallump. Apparently his car is just sounding that nicely. To my not-so-musically inclined ears, however, I can only hear noise. It isn't even insufferable when you listen to the people that compete in the sound quality classes, as The Hubs does. It can even be quite pleasant. Its when you get the Bass-Boxing and IDBL competitions that it becomes physically painful. You know it is too much when windows are breaking and shit is flying off of cars because of the vibrations. To me, that doesn't take skill, it just takes more money than brains. And no, that wasn't bitching, that was an observation.

ME: Not just your average Jane-housewife! I even detailed his car and took it for an oil change for him, in anticipation of the 'big one'.

Ah, the peace and quiet of not being there--I cannot wait.

And neither can he, I'm sure.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beer! omg! I think my eyeballs just puked! My tastebuds are plotting a rebellion!

Blogger carrisa said...

It's bad enough that I sometimes watch my husband drink beer and regular tomato juice. If I had to watch him drink with clamato. BARF.

That's just wrong. On so many levels wrong.

But um... congrats on the other stuff Leester!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, I didn't understand a bit of that. Sounds exciting though.. Congrats?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too didnt understand much about the sound thing....but first place is good!
The beer.... nasty! I like mine strait, sans clamato, or anything else that isnt beer (and none of that "lite" stuff)
Beer and a smoke, by the pool , with family and friends, after 18 holes of golf (where we all smoked the course) Now thats fine!!
Love ya
Auntie Lynne

Post a Comment

<< Home