Friday, September 01, 2006
Ah yes, Friday!
DSC_4029

WooHoo! I love Fridays! I love them and I dont even have to work, so I feel for y'all who do.(Yes, have lived in the South long enough now that the speech rolls off the tongue and we point and laugh at the use of 'eh'. It was to be expected.) Thankfully, this is not only Friday but a long weekend as well, yaaay! Even The Leester will be off on Monday so it is a joyous occasion. Wheee!

We are celebrating The Wee's birthday this weekend as he chooses which, oddly enough, is a trip to the mall to go shopping, dinner out and a movie. Teenagedom strikes. TL, open your wallet, his hand is out and he is asking you for cash. The boy child also would like to spend a day riding coasters at Universal studios which is par for the course with us (notice the golf idiom?)so that takes care of Saturday. We also intend to play a round of golf (FL weather permitting)(Yay, golf. Golf is love. Golf is vital to my happiness in life. MUST golf.)

So, in closing, I leave you with these FUNNIES that were forwarded on to me by my dear friend Gerald. Enjoy!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

----

A man and his wife had been married many years. They played golf often. One day, on the 2nd tee of the course, the husband stopped, looked at his wife, and said suddenly, "Twenty years ago I had a brief affair, it meant nothing. I hope you can forgive me."

His wife was shocked, hurt even, but said, "Dearest, those days are long gone. What we have now is far more valuable. I forgive you." They embraced and kissed. The husband relaxed, relived of his secret. They played on, as they had for many years.

On the 17th tee, the husband was starting his back swing when the wife suddenly blurted out, "I'm sorry darling, I've been so conscience-stricken since you told me of your affair. As we're being honest with each other, I have something to tell you also. Thirty-two years ago I had a sex change operation, I was a man before I met you. I hope you can forgive me." She stared at him.

The husband froze at the top of his back swing, and then threw a fit. He slammed the driver into the ground, kicked the ball into the woods, stormed off the tee, pushed the golf cart over on its side, broke the rest of his clubs one by one, then started on hers. He screamed and ranted, "You liar! You cheat! You despicable deceiver! How could you? I trusted you with all my heart and soul...and all these years you've been playing off the ladies' tees!"

*wacka wacka wacka*

----

A man was at the country club for his weekly round of golf. He began his round with an eagle on the first hole and a birdie the second. On the third hole he had just scored his first ever hole in one when his cell phone rang. It was a doctor notifying him that his wife had just been in a terrible accident and was in critical condition and in the ICU. The man told the doctor to inform his wife where he was and that the he'd be there as soon as possible. As he hung up he realized he was leaving what was shaping up to be his best ever round of golf. He decided to get in a couple of more holes before heading to the hospital. He ended up finishing all eighteen. He finished his round shooting a personal best 61 shattering the club record by five strokes and beating his previous best game by more than 10. He was jubilant, then he remembered his wife. Feeling guilty he dashed to the hospital. He saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about his wife's condition. The doctor glared at him and shouted, "You went ahead and finished your round of golf didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself at the country club your wife has been languishing in the ICU! Its just as well you went ahead and finished that round because it will be more than likely your last! For the rest of her life she will require 'round the clock care. And you'll be her care giver!" The man was feeling so guilty he broke down and sobbed. The doctor started to snicker and said, "Just kidding! She died more than two hours ago. What'd you shoot?

*gah gah gah gah gah gah gah*

-----

Talk to you Monday! Ciao!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home