Saturday, September 09, 2006
Saturday, what a loverly day!
The Leester was in a golf tournament today with some friends of his, so while I was admittedly green with envy, it afforded me the opportunity to just chill out and relax. I woke this morning at six and did a bit of reading and then dozed my way through an early morning nap only to wake up at nine and find The Wee tidying the living room for me. Could there possibly be a nicer way to start the day, I ask you? Nope, didn't think so! Granted, I wondered exactly what he wanted, but still at this late hour he has not asked for anything. A banner day, I say!

The Leester and I generally meet at our little neighborhood pub on Friday's after he is done work for happy hour and yesterday was no different. Although, while there I received a phone call from the boy child that I found very amusing:

The Wee: "Mom? You are -never- going to guess what the old lady did!!" (The old lady being my neighbor friend downstairs.)

Me: "Whats that hon?"

TW: "She came up here looking for you (a feat in itself because it means she climbed the stairs on her own and at 96 she may as well have just climbed everest for crying out loud) because she crazy-glued her wedding rings to her finger!"

Me: "Oh man, what did you say to her Wee? Did she tell you what she had been doing??"

TW: Apparently trying to glue some statue together that she dropped. I dunno Mom, I tried gently helping her take them off her finger but she ended up just ripping them off. I tried rinsing them under water and then said I would have you call her when you got home."

Me: "Okay babes, thanks for the heads up. Dad and I will be there in about thirty minutes anyway so I will go and see her then."

At this point The Leester is all "Who the hell gave her crazy-glue?? Does her son not grasp the concept of the first word in the name?? Craaaaaaazy??" All the while making the universally known symbol for crazy with his index finger pointed at his temple.

Me: "Dude, I know. Unreal, right? Ah well, I'll take her and her rings to the jeweler and have it dealt with."

The Leester: "Great, next time we are going to get a call and find the old lady hanging from a steel truss by a hardhat crazy-glued to it."

When we got home I went to go and see her and she has managed to get an impossibly LARGE amount of crazy glue all over about 4 carats of diamonds. *cringe* Unbelievable, right?

Just another day in the life of me.

I hope you all have a splendid weekend for what remains of it. We are just hangin out and enjoying life. And it is good, I tell you. Good!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear what the jeweler says about this! Keep us posted about the diamonds!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home