Friday, January 19, 2007
Random Friday Musings and Five Things About Me.
My 'hold music' on my cellphone is Shakira's Hips don't lie. I leave it with that one solely because I love how much it annoys Molly, my little sister. She constantly reminds me that I am not 17 years old, nor am I a thirteen year old boy and that my use of the word Dude is entirely unacceptable. To Molly , I say: Duuuude! You know you love me. To my hips, I say: Duuuude! You bitches have been lying to me pretty much since I WAS that seventeen year old she refers to. You had better shape up, got it?

--

1.) I have an irrational fear of being crushed to death by an overpass. When coming to a stoplight beneath one, my pulse quickens and I get slightly panicky. I try and make sure that I am between those looming steel girders in the event that it might fall (duh--so I can use my mad ninja skills, undo seat belts (am law abiding ninja) of all vehicle occupants and make them lie flat across the seats so that when the overpass comes crashing down around us we can just lie in wait for the rescue personnel...that's why, of course!). I have also been known to rush through a yellow light to avoid having to stop under one.

--

We currently have house guests, which is pretty much a regular January occurrence at the Casa G. Something about snowbirds and Canadian winters or some such. While the visit is going swimmingly, this is my first encounter with someone who is extremely OCD and all I have to say about that is, DAAAAAMN! I cant imagine that being my life and I am thankful it is not. But having said that? The Casa G is beyond clean and there is not a stitch of laundry to be found. The person visiting who has it? Beyond sweet and we are all growing very fond of her, which is good, as it appears she is a keeper.

--

2.) I was once hit by a truck. The truck was travelling at a speed of 45mph upon impact. I was thrown over 100ft and landed on my coconut. And you wondered why... Meh. For more back story on that, tune in later. It'll become fodder for some day when there is nothing. to. say.

--

Do you people watch The Office yet? I TOLD you to, some time ago. If not? You are seriously missing out, because it is the absolute best show that is on the box. Start watching, immediately. Got it?

--

3.) I am afraid of clowns, the dark and holes. As in the holes in sponges or anything remotely resembling such holes. Anything bugs might crawl out of. *shudder*. I also cannot stand the feel of cardboard, it makes my teeth hurt to touch it. Gah.

--

The Weekend plan is Universal Studios and golfing, with the house guests. Perhaps a trip to Daytona Beach, weather permitting.

--

4.) The older I get, the less I like people. I used to be unable to sit still, for fear I might miss out on something, when I was younger. Now I find that people just complicate things, for me. I find solace in silence and pretty much like to be left alone. I believe that some of the people in my life mistake this for depression and fear that I am lonely. I consider it growing up and becoming comfortable with who I am. If I end up owning thirty cats though? Strike up the intervention music and get me the hell out, will you?

--

I am not a big fan of ice cream. It makes me cough. The Hubs would tell you that everything makes me cough. He would be right. One more reason it is a good thing I quit smoking.

--

5.) I am a HUGE fan of all things Dr. Seuss. The area known as Seuss Landing at Universal Studios is my happy place. It reminds me of everything that is right about childhood and smells like candy. What more could one ask for?

--

I appreciate you guys stopping by, even when I am not posting very regularly. Those of you that know me are the people I choose to have in my life, not the ones that I cant handle and find complicated and annoying. Just don't plan an unscheduled drop-in and we will be fine, mmkay?

Mmkay.

--


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean, your FIRST experience with someone OCD?

Who is it then (someone called momma and big sis) who visited and left a spotless house, walls et al and not a stitch of laundry?

GAWD

Blogger Dee G. said...

No way Mom, for reals. That was me totally capitalizing on the love and your willingness to clean my damn house. And you guys do an awesome job, beyond awesome..but you CHOSE to. She doesnt choose. She HAS to. It is unreal. Beyond unreal..I wont explain here, but will talk to you later about it.

Three words for ya:

Ramona on Crack.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAWD

*shit I'd better go change those plane tickets*

Blogger Dare said...

HAHAHA - holes, clowns, overpasses...you are a FU-REAK!!!
(coming from the girl who's irrational fear of birds, feet and aforementioned clowns is constant fodder for your teasing)
And thank you for choosing to have me in your life...if you didn't choose, you know I'd stalk you anyway...

Blogger Kait said...

Dude. I hate stopping at a light when I'm ON the overpass, because it might fall down while I'm on it. Yeah, I'm a freak like that. I probably wouldn't want to stop under it either, but we don't have any stoplights under overpasses here (that I can think of).

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I considered an unannounced drop-in last weekend, although I would have called when I was like right outside the new neighborhood. Kidding, but I did think of you while at a wedding (ALONE - M had strep) right really near you! I was just there and gone, or I would have planned a visit...next time, K?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shakira = 17 yr old hussy OR 13 yr old pre-pubescent boy...of which you are neither. Get new hold music!! and WHO HAS HOLD MUSIC ON THEIR CELL PHONE ANYWAYS?!?!?!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An overpass in Montreal collapsed last year, killing several people. At least four times we had been under that overpass with Father Joe!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee,

I know this is really tardy, but you had asked about blog subject ideas. I just read about this one today and thought I'd share it with you. "I am starting something called Things I Like From A-Z. I will go each day starting with A and ending with Z (duh) and write about things I enjoy in my life."

Blogger Tig said...

I couldn't do an unscheduled drop in if I tried.

Hmmm...coconut landing...that does explain quite a bit...

Post a Comment

<< Home