Saturday, October 14, 2006
Who in their right mind...
Is up at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday?? I guess that would depend on what you mean by 'right mind'.

I have always been a morning person. For the majority of my life I have been up with the birds, and not in an attempt to get the worm. It just so happens that as soon as I open my eyes, I am wide awake. I am the kind of person, in the morning, that most people would love to stab in the eye with an ice pick. (Alright, smart asses in my readership, bite back the comments about the time of day having little to do with it; capisce? Heh. best to cut that one off at the pass, instead of leaving myself wide open.) Morning is my favorite time of the day, especially so in Autumn, when I am up even before the sun. The absolute silence, slowly brightening sky and the rustling of awakening critters outside here in Florida is good for my well being. Good for the soul, my Dad would say. He would say that, but he wouldn't practice it. He is one that needs the cuppa joe before he greets the world. The Leester too. Although he isn't grumpy when he first wakes up, he prefers to have a coffee before he faces the world. My Mom? Exactly like me. We are possibly the two most annoying people to be around first thing in the morning, I'm sure, as we are content to chat and face the day, and even smile; first thing in the morning.

Today finds me up bright and early and just about to wake the rest of The Family G. to go to Universal Studios for the day. Again. For about the thirtieth time. Crazy, right? I know it sounds it, but it is a blast. The Leester and I have found it to be a great demilitarized zone between us and a certain thirteen year old. It evens out the playing field and allows us to all just spend the day together and have fun, instead of finding that the things we say have a good chance to be met with eye-rolls and huge sighs. Ah yes, the joys of raging hormones and that scary monster called puberty.

Today is also the day when we will decide whether or not to renew our passes to said theme park. Considering it in that context, it seems like money well spent, wouldn't you say? An investment.


2 Comments:

Blogger Dare said...

An investment in your sanity....DOOOO IIIITTT! And have a marvelous time.
As for the morning person thing...yeah - me = icepick; you = atrange headache and bleeding from your eyeballs.

Blogger starrynite said...

Ugh, I am jealous! I would love to be a morning person and not the kind of person who snoozes the alarm for a whole hour and then has to run around like a crazy person to get ready in time. *sigh*

The only time I see 5:30am is when I haven't been to bed yet. Lol.

Post a Comment

<< Home