Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Abducted By Aliens.
Sure, The Prodigy came home, certificate and lapel pin in hand, proclaiming that he was appointed; but a small part of me wondered if perhaps he beat up a small kid and took it as his own. Because that is the kind of child I probably deserve to have had. No, really. You know how your parents say "Just wait till you grow up and have kids of your own. Just you wait! Payback is a bitch." You didn't hear that? Seriously? Well, nevermind that bit then.

Anywho, as I was saying...perhaps a small part of me questioned the authenticity, but then I received this, in the mail.

Dear Parents of The Prodigy:

Congratulations! your son has been selected by his teachers as 'His Middle Schools' "Student of the Month."

The Prodigy has been chosen because he exhibits the qualities and character that help to set 'his school' apart from all of the other middle schools. The high level of responsibility, cooperation and pride shown by The prodigy is something he learned first at home and models here at school for his peers.

'His School' is pleased to recognize our partners who sponsor the student of the month program: 'insert sponsors names here'. With community support and family support, students like your son thrive.

'His school's' faculty and staff wish to thank your family for helping to make 'His School' a great place to learn.

Sincerely,
His Principals name.

My response? Huh. Imagine that. He sure as shit doesn't take after me! Who are you and what have you done with my child?!

His reward? Lunch with the Principal. Is it just me, or does that not sound more like a punishment than a reward? Unless of course there are drinks. That changes everything.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! His principal's name is His Principal's Name? That's insane! ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Au contraire, he just must take after his grandma

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that all those years of me hanging around would pay off sooner or later!!!

Blogger Dare said...

You are a better mom than I...when my kids bring home awards like these I always question..."Are they sure they've given it to the right person?"
PMS can home with Athlete of the Month last month and I said to her 'Do you even play sports?" Yup...MOTHER OF THE YEAR...right here.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the mom could learn from the kid????
hahahahah

Post a Comment

<< Home