Thursday, January 25, 2007
Brought to you by the letter 'C'
How is it that in the blink of an eye, what was once this:

The Prodigy 1994

Turns into this:

The Prodigy 2001

And then suddenly into this, before you know what happened?

A rose for you...

Unbelievable. Call me maudlin today or something, but hold your babies close. It doesn't last anywhere near long enough. Mine towers over me now and suddenly his voice deepens.

Wish me luck as I venture into the land known as adolescence. I hope he is easier on me than I was on my parents, although I am readying myself for payback. I'm told (by those very same parents) that it is a bitch. And that I really do have it coming. Which I cant even dispute.

And on that note, today's letter is 'C' and already I am questioning my sanity in this whole 26 days of gratitude thing. Three whole days into it. I sort of want to gnash my teeth at having to be all grateful for things publicly and trying to do so without sounding like a friggin hallmark moment. Which for me? Just arent happening. It is making my scalp itch.

*grumble*

*newsflash*

The conversation I just had with the prodigy less than one minute ago started like this:

"Mom, I just puked on my bedroom floor."

*/newsflash*

I've changed my mind. Grow up FAST. Like, now. Hurry! What are you waiting for? I'm timing you. Well?! HURRY!

Suddenly, the 'C' thing I am thankful for?

Cleansers.

I think it best that I leave that whole piss-off segment of today alone (because it would involve chunks), mmkay? Mmkay.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really are hilarious. Have fun cleaning the puke. I did that a couple weeks ago. Fun, fun! As for the 26 days...my suggestion was 26 things you like! You don't have to be thankful for them!!! Regardless, I am enjoying reading more of you.

Blogger Dee G. said...

Oh no, dont get me wrong H, I still love the idea. It gives me something concrete to work towards and will have me here 26 times! Its that whole gratitude thing that is the hard part...hahaha.

Blogger Kait said...

Oh man. That's one thing that I am NOT looking forward too. Kind of makes me want to put down hard surface flooring, though!

Blogger Dare said...

you know you are a mother when you actually reach out to catch the puke before it hits the floor....
I love the pic of him flippin you off...
I will update when curling is over....they have internet at rehab right?parkage1

Blogger Dare said...

ignore that last part...stoooopid

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee,

Did you edit this post to add the end part about chunks, or did I miss it the first time? :o) Ha! Classic motherhood situation!!! Lucky you! I just didn't remember reading that the first time. Perhaps you went in Wee's room, assessed the situation, and added it as a little TMI for your loyal readers?!?!?!?!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those photos of that handsome boy, memories of that adorable baby with his "bumpa"

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...my dear "special" sister... D comes after C.(If you need the whole alphabet let me know...I know it is hard for you)

Love Ya.

5 more sleeps till my vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU JELOUS???

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear special little daughter 'Molly'

"Jelous" is spelled Jealous.

Love Momma

Post a Comment

<< Home