Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Mundane, blah blah blah, More Mundane.
The Family G is in the process of looking for a new home. I would almost venture to say that we have found the one we want, if things go according to plan. Heavy on the 'IF', I guess. The plan is to combine our household with that of my little old lady friend that I have oft mentioned here. She is getting to where she probably should not be living on her own, as she is starting to show strong signs of senile dementia and has had at least one minor stroke that we know of. Also, the apartment community that we currently live in has been sold and is under the threat of an imminent condo-conversion. Hate. I hate moving. Just so everyone is aware. Worse than moving? A tentative move-in date of January 1st.

Yeah, because what I wish to be doing is packing up and moving two households over the holiday season. All that aside though, the house we have been looking at is beautiful. The fact that we will be combining two homes and also sharing rent makes it possible to look at houses (Read:price ranges) we would never have previously considered. Pictured below is the first place contender.

DSC_5029

It is truly a beauty and would offer us 3500 sq. ft. of living space in the form of a 4/3 split with a heated in-ground pool, on a very nice golf course nearby. There are strong selling features, namely enough space that we wont necessarily be tripping over each other, the pool for the kid, as well as gorgeous 14ft ceilings which serve my mental state well. I did mention golf course, right? It is bright and sunny and open and quite lovely. (If you are so inclined, and are on my family/friend list over at Flickr, you can see the rest of the house. If you are not listed there and would like to see it, leave me a comment and I will direct you.)So we shall see where that takes us. I will keep you posted about that. It is exciting, certainly, but I do have some reservations.

It'll make for some interesting changes, for certain. Also, some interesting blogging. The little old lady says some of the damnedest things, trust me. It'll be very interesting to throw her into the mix of home life with The Family G.

What do you think? Have I lost my mind, even considering it?

Also, on this most mundane Wednesday, I bring you the current objects of my lurve. Happiness comes in strange forms. Dontcha know?


My Starbucks Travel Tumbler collection. Most women? Shoes. I get it. But that is not me. I'll take these any day of the week. Besides, what need do I have for shoes in Florida when I live in flip-flops. I do have an abundance of those, however.
collage

My quesadilla maker. This is a total slacker thing, for me. I love being able to toss a bunch of crap between two tortillas or wraps of some sort, pressing it an accompanying it with a salad. This I can pass off as a hot meal for the men in my life and they are content. Dudes. It's a sandwich. Muahaha...I am so sneaky.
Uhm...where did this come from?

Pink M&M's. Pink Chocolate. What more could a girl want?? Pink Chocolate that donates a portion of the profit to Breast Cancer Awareness, that's what!
DSC_5176

Well, that pretty much sums up what I can find to be happy about today...so, there ya have it.

Since I mentioned profit, though? The Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Studios that we frequent on occasion? In the course of conversation with one of the higher ups employed there, we were informed that their contract with Universal Studios sees them paying FIFTY PERCENT of their profits (from that location) to Universal Studios each year, along with $500,000.00 a month in rent. How's that for a kick in the ass? OUCH.

Also, as an (un)interesting aside? Every single Hard Rock Cafe in the world is playing the exact same video/music at the exact same time. All happily looped together and fed to them via the powers that be. Kind of weird, huh?

okay, I digress. And have bored myself to tears. bye for now!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the little green monster mug. I bought him the other day and named him "Ted". Ted rules!

Blogger Dee G. said...

Isn't he the best?? I bought the orange and brown one for my monster, The Wee, and then dinged the edge on the counter and chipped the top edge off so I already have to replace it for him. I suck like that. I'll call it Chip and it can be a change holder or something. I LOVE the one eyed monster mugs, they make me happy.

The Green one will hereby be known as Ted's twin, Ed.

And sadly, that just made my day. hahaha

Anonymous Anonymous said...

one should remember that someday someone somewhere will tell stories of what you have said or done that may be outragious also.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean "have" you lost your mind? That's practically a rhetorical question.

Sad to hear about the house. I remember the ordeal just getting into the damn place. As always, you're a very special person for what you do for your friend. I guess you have to do something nice to someone to make up for treating me like poop (kidding...just kidding).

Blogger Dee G. said...

It's either that or God'll git me!

:P

Post a Comment

<< Home