Friday, June 15, 2007
Has It really Been Two Weeks?
Otherwise known as the blog of non-updates...

As you all know, my family came for a good long visit, which was a great deal of fun as is probably best depicted in this little photo collage.

collage

We had the occasion to spend some time on the Gulf Coast with my parents, and then my Auntie Lynne (Hi Auntie Lynne!!) came to spend a week (Which she promptly changed to ten days on her first day here, because she loves us (read:Florida, but really mostly us) like that.) and let me tell you, it was a blast. I would easily say that this was their best visit ever in the history of the more than six years we have been here. It was just plain old fun. Lots of time spent out by the pool, grilling our lovely meals, of which there was only one ill-fated, red wine induced char-session which left burgers so crispy fried that even the dog turned up his nose in disgust. They forgave me afterwards though, when I redeemed myself a few nights later with my grill mastery. Ahem. I mean, they were PETRIFIED. It was so bad.

Oh, in case you didn't notice the picture of the most awesome and heart disease inspiring steak dinner EVER in the history of all steaks, let me show you again. My mouth waters just looking at the picture of it even now, so yours should too.

DSC_7724

Can you believe that butter and sour cream on the already double-stuffed baked potato? And the mound of best-ever bleu cheese dressing on that salad? Holy hell it was yummy. Crazy, I tell you, crazy good! Is it sad that I am now craving steak and my mouth is watering at 8:30 in the morning? Yeah, I kinda thought so.

I could tell you a great many little anecdotes about the visit, like my Dad's propensity for screwing up the names of local establishments such as "Skinny's" Burger joint becoming "Stinky's", or "Smokey Bones" BBQ becoming "Skeleton Ribs", or even the local produce stand "Maters and Taters" being renamed "Mana and Banana" but I think you probably had to be there or something is lost in translation. trust me, it was funny and we laughed. A lot.

I think what takes the cake though, out of all the little laughs we had, was when I dumped my Auntie Lynne ass-over-tea-kettle right out of the golf cart on one not so especially hairy turn (read:almost standing still) as she reached down to grab a golf ball. I do believe my Dad questioned our sanity as she and I were unable to move or even speak from laughing so hard, for fear of peeing our pants.

Now, that? That is family good times. I look forward to the next visit...which, given my three day rule and the fact that they were here a month? Is a miraculous feat, really. it was awesome.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I promise to update Monday and get back into the routine of several times a week, if you promise to stick around. Thanks for waiting out my sabbatical. I can only blame sun-induced vacation brain.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee so glad you are back.. though we did you in overstaying the 3 day rule!!!
Cant thank you enough for the wonderful hospitality and all the fun and laughs we had. Can't wait to go back!!
By the way you were going 30mph or so on that golf cart when you decided to aviod sand!!
I hope you think of us old folks tonite as you enjoy your Friday nite fun...will be thinking of how much I would like to be there!
Thanks again for everything.. hope to see you again soon
Love
Auntie Lyne
P.S. BUD IS BETTER

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bud lite is better, miller lite is yuk, but water is best of all!

Blogger carrisa said...

Take the sour cream off the potatoes, take the mushrooms off the steak, and replace the blue cheese with ranch and we are in business and I would INHALE that place of food.

Post a Comment

<< Home