Monday, June 25, 2007
Well, Hello There!
It's a good thing that I never specified on which Monday my next entry would appear or I would have been made a complete liar, since that was ten days ago. You see, here is the thing. Every now and then (read: always, lately) I start to over think this little space on the web and it basically paralyzes me and leaves me unable to write anything at all. After all, how interesting can my banal navel-gazing be, in the scheme of things? Do you guys really want to hear about the mundane happenings in my day to day life? Cause frankly, it just really isn't all that interesting and it mostly leaves me pretty bored when I contemplate it..so, subjecting you guys to it seems sort of pointless and quite possibly painful! A rather special sort of narcissism, isn't it? To presume that anyone really even gives a shit what/if/when I write on here? that is the other thing involved...I start to question if I should even write at all.

Add to that that life has been nothing if not busy lately and I am able to come up with countless reasons to just let that golf ball sitting tree frog wither aimlessly atop of old news.

Since you are here though, lets chat, shall we? I'll share with you a few of the things rattling around my coconut as of late.

In exactly 28 days, our current VISA status expires. While we are currently working with The hubs' employer and an immigration attorney to have that status extended, it is a time of great unease and anxiety for yours truly; the anxiety maven extraordinaire. While rationally, I know that in all probability, things will go off without a hitch; the control freak in me has to worry every possible angle in the meantime. Because while we all know that worrying while unable to do anything about it and even without knowing what it truly is I am worrying at this point is beyond wasted effort and really nothing more than self torture, as my stomach can attest to, it is just one more thing that I just Cannot. Let. Go. So, instead, I sit and ponder the logistical nightmare that would be us, in a month, without valid status. In keeping with all things bureaucratic, our FL Drivers License's also expire on that same date, so that sure would make moving back to Canada with all of our worldly possessions a fun-filled event, wouldn't it? And the fact that we are locked into our lease agreement for another eighteen months and my husbands inability to work for anyone else in the USA without valid INS authorization having been tossed into the mix? Does it make your stomach feel like you just swallowed a medicine ball too? Since I tend to internalize my stress, that is how mine feels. Especially loverly, really!

Even typing it out gives that fear a certain validity that I have been trying to avoid (further reason for my silence as of late). It makes it seem all that more real and possible, which my pea-sized irrational little brain sees and tends to slide down the proverbial scale from level-headed to full on panic-stricken idiocy.

So let's not go there anymore, shall we? Lets talk instead about...uhm, I dunno. Rainbows! And Butterflies! And Sunshine!

Bah...forget all the girly crap! Lets talk instead about golf. Now, that is something I can sink my teeth into. Like, for instance, my absolutely GORGEOUS new set of golf clubs, also known as some seriously suh-weet Callaway Big Bertha's, *commence drooling* , the likes of which include a complete set of irons (4-10--the 10 replacing my pitching wedge, for those who might give a shit), a sand wedge and a gap/approach wedge. As well as my very favorite club in my bag, the Big Bertha 5 fairway wood (I decided that for now I would keep my current driver, since it does okay for me and upgrade that later along with perhaps a 3 wood). That particular club just happens to be so sweet that I kissed it on several occasions when she produced for me. And boy does she produce. I HEART that particular club. Yeah--now that right there is some serious consumer therapy. It makes me want to go hit some balls just talking about them. And I may possibly be drooling, they are just that delicious. The Hubs wont actually admit to having club envy but I know he feels it. He claims that he doesn't, even, but he lies like a sidewalk.

See? Feeling much better now, thankyouverymuch! Did I mention how happy a sleeve of brand-spanking new golf balls makes me? *contented sigh* Good God, I cant move back to Canada! The golf season is just waaaaay too short!

Now then, aren't you glad you stopped by? *ahem*

Excuse me while I remove my head from my posterior and get my act together. I'll see you again soon.

Perhaps even tomorrow.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dee. Glad all is well (well, with the exception of the visa worries...which I know will all turn out just fine and am sorry you're stressing over it)! I love your description of your golf clubs. It's a beautiful love story! :o) Miss you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I for one have missed your blog...
I for one may have club envy.. we'll see next May when I bring my clubs!!! Send a picture of the beauties will you??
Still not summer here yet.+9 this am. I for sure have Florida envy!
Thinking of you all
Love
Auntie Lynne

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures are worth a 1000 words!!!!

lets see those CLUBS.

The situation with the visa's , just a long par 5, keep it on the fairway.

loveya

Ma & Pa

Blogger Katie said...

You totally just reminded me of myself. I am so glad that someone else out there internalizes stress and becomes a complete wreck. Right now, my stress du jour is the upcoming nuptials of the future Mr. and Mrs. Cortes (i.e. Patrick and me, of course!) and it is KILLING me. Even though I know that 90 percent of the shit I am worrying about I have no control over, and the other 10 percent is just trivial shit that no one really gives a rat's ass about. Yet still, I have bouts of anxiety and stressification (is that a word? Sure it is! I made it up!) where my stomach literally feels like a giant lump of something or other is sitting there. And it won't go away until the wedding day. Great. Only four more months of this!

Enough about me - YAY for the new golf clubs. Although I couldn't help but giggle when you said "fairway wood". You've got fairway wood. Somehow, that just sounds naughty.

Post a Comment

<< Home